Here’s my latest Periscope broadcast. This one’s all about quick actions you can take to grow your blog’s traffic.
Overview of Video Tips
- Hot Blog Topics – Find topics that are currently trending. Use tools like Google Trends, BuzzFeed, BuzzSumo, Twitter and Facebook Trends and other related tools. Write your spin on what everyone’s talking about.
- HTML Trick – If a post gets a lot of traffic from a particular keyword but that keyword isn’t in the HTML title, edit the title to include it and republish the page for an instant boost in SERP rankings – bringing you more traffic. If you do this to your top 10 posts that meet this criteria, you can get it done in less than 20 minutes.
- Share your posts to relevant social networks. Detail in the video. Don’t forget to respond to and like all comments. This increases your chances of being seen in newsfeeds.
- Post at optimal times. Check Google Analytics and the analytics available on your social media pages. Tools like Buffer also help with posting your social media updates at optimized times.
- Plugins: Popular Posts and Social Share plugins will increase shares and click through rate. They take just a few minutes to set up and are more than worth the effort.
- Add a call to action to the end of every post and page. Ideas include:
- for more info
- related links
- join my mailing list
- Responding to comments increases traffic on your blog, as well as reader interaction and retention. Plus, they’re more likely to trust you as an expert in your niche and may be more likely to buy from you in the future.
- Answer niche-related questions in forums like Quora, Yahoo Answers, LinkedIn forums, CafeMom forums, Facebook groups – and then use your blog as a reference source. This helps to not only solidify your status as an expert, but also provides exposure on a highly-trafficked platform (not to mention links to your site).
- Internally link between related posts to decrease bounce rate and increase SEO.
- Spend 20 minutes each day networking and connecting with people who are considered influencers in your niche.
Are you on Periscope? Let’s follow each other. I’m @angieatkinson!