Unless you’ve been living under a rock, you’ve heard of Instagram by now. But whether you’re an Instagrammer may depend on a few different factors.
Here’s a brief overview of Instagram as a platform.
Instagram is one of the fastest growing social networking sites. With Instagram, users can post their pictures online with a bit of commentary. The pictures are often taken with a smartphone and uploaded to their account.
Instagram also has several filters, so users can edit or decorate their photos as they like. But besides the social networking aspect of Instagram, it’s a great marketing tool that you’ll want to take advantage of.
Some people use the social network as a way to let people build trust in them and get to know them. It’s a method of showcasing your personal and/or professional world. Brands can use Instagram to showcase products and build a following that way.
Why should you care about Instagram?
Well, let’s discuss a few statistics.
We’ll start with the sheer number of users.
- There are more than 400 million Instagrams users, according to research published this month, including 75 million daily users. That’s a lot of eyeballs, if you know what I mean.
- 20 percent of ALL internet users are on Instagram.
- 77.6 million Americans use Instagram – nearly 28 percent of ALL Americans.
- 49 percent are female, 51 percent are male
BUT – if you’re writing for someone like menopausal women, you probably don’t want to mess with Instagram too much. Why? (More stats!)
- 90 percent of Instagram users are under 35.
So, depending on your niche, this may or may not be of interest to you.
But if you’re among those who are looking to reach people under the age of 35, Instagram could be a goldmine for you when it comes to building a strong network of blog supporters – and you might want to download my brand new free report:
That’s all for now. I’d love to hear your thoughts! Keep writing, keep trying and keep your chin up, friend.